Ruby on Rails Bootcamp at the MadLab, Manchester in August
It’s aimed at developers who already know a bit about web development and object oriented programming, but have limited or no experience with Ruby or Rails. The course will provide the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to build and deploy your very own Rails applications from scratch.
Things we’ll cover:
- the basics of the Ruby language
- how to build a Rails application from scratch using Rails best practices
- how to manage your database with migrations
- how to build complex models using ActiveRecord, including associations, validations and callbacks
- how to quickly add functionality and extend your Rails applications using third-party plugins and gem libraries
- all about REST and how following RESTful conventions leads to code that is easier to develop and simpler to follow
- about TDD (Test Driven Development) and how Rails helps you quickly and easily write tests to validate your applications behaviour
- the options and best practices for automated deployment for quick, headache-free deployment and updating of your apps.
As well as 3 days of intensive learning, the £360 course fee also includes hot lunch.
You can find out more, and sign up on the Omniversity website